There are 2 ways that a user can verify their Coinsquare account: Instant verification and document verification.
Our instant verification process cross-references your personal information with our KYC/AML partner to verify your identity instantly. This is the easiest way to get approved for funding and begin trading on the Coinsquare platform. To instantly verify your account, please make sure to correctly fill in all personal information.
In some cases, our partners are not able to verify the identity of a particular user and Coinsquare will require further documentation to verify their identity. A user will be asked to submit their documents in the Document Centre for manual verification.
The Document Center is not instant. It may take up to 3 business days for verification.
In the Document Center, you will be asked for three documents:
1. Government-Issued Photo ID
Coinsquare accepts valid passports, driver’s licences, service cards, and national identity cards.
For driver’s licence, service cards, identity cards and photo cards you must upload the front and back of the document (please use the “Driver’s Licence” category). Health cards are NOT accepted for any province or territory with the exception of Quebec and British Columbia.
Passports must show the full photo ID page.
2. Proof-of-Residence Document
Your Proof-of-Residence document must include your full name, full address and recent date. The date listed on your document must be within 4 months of your verification request. Coinsquare will not accept documents that are older than 4 months.
Coinsquare accepts the following documents as proof-of-residence:
Any of the following statements from the Federal, Provincial/Territorial or Municipal levels of government:
- Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions (CPP)
- Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid (T4E)
- Statement of Old Age Security (T4A)
- Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits (T4A)
- Statement of Remuneration Paid (T4)
- Notice of Assessment
- Goods and Services Tax/ Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) Notice
- Record of Employment (ROE)
- Canada Child Benefit Notice (CCB)
- Property Tax Assessment
- Municipal Utility Statement
- CRA Requirement to Pay Notice
- CRA Installment Reminder / Receipt
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits (T5007)
- Provincial/Territorial Vehicle Registration (only accepted if dated)
Any of the following statements from a BANK, trust company or credit union:
- Bank Statement for a Chequing, Savings, Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Any Credit Card Statement
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
- Registered Home Ownership Savings Plan (RHOSP)
- Mortgage Statement
Any of the following utility bills:
- Hydro (Electricity)
- TV (Cable / Satellite)
- Home Phone
Any letter, transcript or bill issued by a Canadian university or college
Any letter, statement, bill or certificate issued by an insurance company registered in Canada
- Home Insurance
- Tenant Insurance
- Auto Insurance i.e. “Pink Slip”
- Life Insurance
3. Selfie Verification
Coinsquare requires you to submit a selfie verifying that you are the account owner. You must take a picture that includes your full face and the first 5-digits of your account ID number, as listed in the Document Centre.
Users must physically hold up their 5-digit code, as we will not accept documents that have been altered with photo-editing software.
If you would like to verify your account as a corporation, you will need to first be personally verified. Once you have verified your personal account, you will need to complete our corporate verification application.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request for a corporate verification application.