To ensure the safety of our users and platform, Coinsquare follows strict KYC rules, which are outlined by FINTRAC. As a part of our obligations to FINTRAC, we are required to collect documents that help establish the jurisdiction in which our client resides during our verification process.
To ensure that your identity document is acceptable please ensure that it contains the following information:
- It must be issued by a government body (federal or provincial/territorial/state)
- It must be valid
- It must contain a photo of yourself
- It must contain your first and last name
- It must contain your date of birth
The following is a list of acceptable identity documents:
- Passport (Canadian or foreign)
- Canadian Provincial, Territorial or American State Driver's License
- Canadian DND 404 Driver’s Licence
- Canadian Provincial, Territorial or American State Photo Card
- Canadian Provincial/Territorial Photo Health Card (excluding Quebec, all Provincial Health Cards MUST be accompanied by a valid Birth Certificate)
- Permanent Residence Card
- Status Indian Card
- Citizenship Card
- Canadian Federal Firearms License
- If you are submitting your provincial/territorial/state driver’s license or photo identification card you must upload a copy of both the front and back.
- If you are submitting the old (laminated) version of your Status Indian Card you must upload a copy of both the front and back.
- Copies of ID documents must be submitted in colour and must not be altered in any way.
KYC - Know Your Client
FINTRAC - Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada