Google 2FA is a recommended security layer that can protect the safety of your account.
Note: You will need to download the Authenticator app on your mobile device in order to activate Google 2FA.
Once Google 2FA is activated for your Coinsquare account, you will be required to enter the active 6-digit code/token upon signing into coinsquare.com to gain access to your account. This code updates every 30 seconds on the Authenticator app.
Please follow the instructions outlined below to activate Google 2FA:
- Before you begin, ensure that you have downloaded the Google Authenticator app to your iOS or Android mobile device.
- Log into your Coinsquare account on your desktop (coinsquare.com) and visit your Account Settings page
- Scroll down to 2FA Authentication and select Google Authenticator
- Click on Generate Key
- Open the Authenticator app on your mobile device and select Scan a barcode
- Scan the QR code generated on your desktop
- Enter the active 6-digit code displayed on the Authenticator app (these are active for 30 seconds)
- Click Activate Code
The status for Google Authenticator on your Coinsquare account should now show Enabled.
*Please note that if Coinsquare 2FA is already active on your account, you will not be able to set up Google 2FA. Only one 2FA method can be used per account.*
If you require assistance with setting up Google 2FA after reviewing these instructions, please submit a support ticket here and let us know where you need help!