Authy is one of three recommended 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) solutions for Coinsquare clients. Authy is a major 2FA app provided by US technology firm Twilio.
Note: You will need to download the Twilio Authy app from the iOS App Store or Android Play Store in order to use it to enable 2FA.
Once you have activated Authy 2FA, you will need to provide the 6-digit code provided by your Authy app onto your Coinsquare web portal in order to complete your sign-in. This two-step process helps protect your account against the risk of a compromised username or password.
Please follow the steps below to activate 2FA using Authy:
- Log into your Coinsquare account on your desktop (coinsquare.com) and visit your Account Settings page
- Scroll down to 2FA Authentication
- Click on Generate Key
- Open the Authy app on your mobile device and select Add Account.
- Use your Authy app to scan the QR code generated on your desktop webpage
- Enter the active 6-digit code displayed on the Authy app (these are active for 30 seconds before they change)
- Click Activate Code
Done! You should see your 2FA status switch to ‘Enabled’. Next time you log in to your Coinsquare account, you’ll need to use the code from Authy in addition to your password to log in.