Microsoft Authenticator is one of three recommended 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) solutions for Coinsquare clients.This 2FA app is provided by Microsoft.
Note: you will need to download the Microsoft Authenticator app from the iOS App Store or Android Play Store in order to use it to enable 2FA.
Once you have activated Microsoft Authenticator, you will need to provide the 6-digit code provided by your app onto your Coinsquare web portal in order to complete your sign-in. This two-step process helps protect your account against the risk of a compromised username or password.
Please follow the steps below to activate 2FA using Microsoft Authenticator:
- Log into your Coinsquare account on your desktop (coinsquare.com) and visit your Account Settings page
- Scroll down to 2FA Authentication
- Click on Generate Key
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select Add Account and then select work, school, or other account.
- Use your app to scan the QR code generated on your desktop webpage
- Enter the active 6-digit code displayed on the Microsoft Authenticator app (these are active for 30 seconds before they change)
- Click Activate Code
Done! You should see your 2FA status switch to ‘Enabled’. Next time you log in to your Coinsquare account, you’ll need to use the code from Microsoft Authenticator in addition to your password to log in.