2 Factor Authentication (2FA) is a crucial feature needed to keep your Coinsquare account secure. Coinsquare uses a 2FA method which requires clients to generate and input a 6-digit code from a 3rd party authenticator app in order to complete login.
Most authenticator apps are only available for mobile devices. However, for clients who cannot use a mobile device, we recommend using Authy’s Desktop 2FA app.
Note: you will need to download the Twilio Authy app from https://authy.com/download/ and install it on your computer in order to use Authy Desktop 2FA.
Please follow the steps below to activate 2FA using Authy Desktop:
- Download and install the Authy Desktop app on your Mac or PC.
- Log into your Coinsquare account on your desktop (coinsquare.com) and visit your Account Settings page
- Scroll down to 2FA Authentication and select 2FA Authenticator
- Click on Generate Key
- Open the Authy app on your desktop and select Add Your First Account
- Enter the string of letters & numbers provided underneath the QR code into your Authy desktop app. Then click ‘Add Account’ and follow the prompts to name this account.
- A 6-digit code will appear on your Authy Desktop app. Enter the active 6-digit code onto your Coinsquare page in the box marked ‘Enter activation code’.
- Click Activate Code
Done! You should see your 2FA status switch to ‘Enabled’. Next time you log in to your Coinsquare account, you’ll need to use the code from Authy in addition to your password to log in.
Please note that if Coinsquare 2FA or another 2FA method is already active on your account, you will not be able to set up Authy Desktop 2FA. Only one 2FA method can be used per account.
If you require assistance with setting up Authy Desktop 2FA after reviewing these instructions, please submit a support ticket and let us know where you need help!